These are the default rules for all Generation V Little Cup matches on Pokecharms. If you choose not to use these rules, you must clearly list your own rules and your opponent(s) must mutually agree to use them.
All battlers must heed the following rules:
- All Pokemon must be bred.
- Battles are to be held "Open Level" with all Pokemon at level 5.
- Pokemon used must be capable of evolving, but in their earliest stage.
- Set damage attacks, such as Sonicboom and Dragon Rage, may not be used.
- The held-item DeepSeaTooth may not be used.
- In addition to these rules, five clauses are also in effect and a handful of Pokemon are banned from usage (see below for details).
The clauses active are as follows:
- Species Clause: No two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number can be used on one team.
- No Evasion Boosting: The use of moves that increase evasion [Acupressure, Double Team and Minimize] is prohibited. Using moves that lower accuracy does not violate this clause. The use of Snow Cloak, Sand Veil and BrightPowder also does not violate this clause.
- No OHKO Attacks: The use of attacks that deal a OHKO [Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine] is prohibited. Perish Song does not violate this clause due to how it works.
- Sleep Clause: You may not put more than one Pokemon to sleep on your opponent's side of the field at a time. A Pokemon put to sleep by the move Rest or the ability Effect spore do not count. Additionally, all Pokemon with the ability Natural Cure must be identified as having this ability as soon as they are put to sleep.
- Fair Game Clause: If a player is on their last Pokemon and it uses Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, or Perish Song, that player loses the match even if the move fails to work properly. Recoil attacks, Life Orb and other such methods that can impose a tie are not in violation of this clause.
- The following Pokemon are banned from use:
This ruleset is subject to change if and when we feel it is appropriate. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them on the forums in the Gen V Battle Rules topic.