Japanese TV show Pokémon Smash has once again aired, and with it we have some nice new details to do with up-coming Nintendo DS games Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2. Read on to find out more!
While the official trailer for the two games has already been released in the last 48 hours, Pokémon Smash included some nice footage of their own of the two games. They started off by showing the intro to Pokémon Black 2, and afterwards went on to show five minutes worth of the games in action. From this we learn that:
- The Rival can once again be named.
- Oshawott, Tepig, and Snivy are once again the starter Pokémon.
- Unova being frozon over is actually a plot element.
- Hiougi City is a fairly big city, far bigger then first thought.
- The Pokémon each seem to have slightly changed animated sprites since Pokémon Black, and Pokémon White.
- Azurill, and Lillipup are both shown to be wild on the first route
The fact Azurill is shown to be on the first route right from the start of the game shows just how mixed up things have become in Unova. It also suggests that players will likely have a lot of choice in just which Pokémon they'll be able to use overall. There is sure to be some pretty mad but interesting choices as to which Pokémon are wild on which routes for trainers to pick from.
The last of the footage showed Black Kyurem and White Kyruem in battle, and a slightly better quality video of the trailer. All of the footage can be found on Filb's site here.
Something else worth noting is the fact that Junichi Masuda isn’t directing the two games. That role has been given to Takao Unno, who is probably best known for being a Pokémon Designer and for being the art director of Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver. Junichi Masuda is acting as the producer for the two games.