Pokémon HOME compatibility for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet finally arriving on the 24th May
After a very, very long wait since the release of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet late last year, players will finally be able to transfer Pokémon in and out of Paldea to Pokémon HOME starting from the 24th May.
Originally announced ahead of release last year, the Pokémon HOME compatibility will also allow certain Pokémon that aren’t otherwise available in the game – such as Pokémon Legends Arceus’ Hisuian forms – to be transferred into Scarlet & Violet to join your teams in standard Pokémon battles for the first time.
One such Pokémon, Hisuian Zoroark, is also already available as a pre-order bonus for pre-purchasing the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC on the Nintendo eShop. Other Pokémon that are programmed into the game, but are not available to catch anywhere, should also be available to transfer in via Pokémon HOME but we will have to wait until the update rolls out next week to confirm.
Using the mobile version of Pokémon HOME will also allow you to claim a Mystery Gift of Paldean Starters Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly with their Hidden Abilities.
While Pokémon GO, Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu & Eevee transfers to HOME remain one-way, Pokémon Scarlet & Violet join Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, Pokémon Legends Arceus and Pokémon Sword & Shield as supporting transfers of compatible Pokémon to and from the game.
For Pokémon being introduced from other games to Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, their Tera Type will be determined by their original type.
Additional updates to Pokémon HOME as part of the 3.0.0 update include:
- Convert Pokémon HOME Points into LP (League Points): Players will be able to exchange Pokémon HOME Points, which they receive based on the number of Pokémon in their Boxes, for LP that they can use in Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet.
- View Game-Specific Details: Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank.
- Changing Moves: From version 3.0.0 onward, when bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point. This will allow players to have their Pokémon know moves before moving it out of Pokémon HOME.
- Added Challenges and Stickers: If certain challenges are completed in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, you can obtain stickers as rewards. You can use the stickers you obtain to customize your profile, so be sure to complete all sorts of challenges to create designs that are uniquely “you”!
- Bring Along Gimmighoul (Roaming Form): Players will be able to bring Gimmighoul (Roaming Form) from Pokémon GO into Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME.